President Donald Trump Says That The US Will Open Soon: Some States Would Reopen This Month
President Donald Trump says the US has passed the peak of new coronavirus cases and predicted that they will open some states soon. Mr Trump told that the new lockdown guidelines will be announce soon.
President Donald Trump said,” We want to get our country back.” The US has more than 644,000 confirmed Covid-19 cases and over 28,500 deaths. The president has been in discussion with state governors about the timing of easing restrictions and reopening businesses.
The president revealed the members of the Great American Economic Revival Industry groups for discussion to reopen the US economy. The list of advisors includes executives from retail, banking, sports and tech industries,
Some of the big names include Tesla CEO Elon Musk, Apple CEO Tim Cook, JP Morgan Chase CEO Jamie Dimon and Mark Cuban, the billionaire owner of the Dallas Mavericks.
The Trump administration has previously mark 1 May as a possible date to reopen the nation, but the president said some states may be able to open earlier than that. When questioned about the dangers of reopening soon, Mr Trump said, “ There’s also death involved in keeping it closed. Millions of Americans have lost their jobs due to lockdown measures and unemployment numbers are at record levels. He further added that Retail sales dropped by 8.7% in March, the biggest decline since tracking began in 1992.
Safety guidelines already release by the governors of all states that residents should wear face marks and wash hands frequently.
White House further said, “ These bipartisan groups of American leaders will work together with the White House to chart the path forward toward a future of unparalleled American Prosperity.”
Here are 20 of the most notable names on the list :
- Jamie Dimon, CEO of JPMorgan Chase
- David Solomon, CEO of Goldman Sachs
- Stephen Schwarzman, CEO of Blackstone
- James Quincey, CEO of Coca-Cola
- Chris Kempczinski, CEO of McDonald’s
- Mark Roman, CEO of 3M
- Danial O’Day, CEO of Gilead Sciences
- Sheldon Adelson, CEO of Las Vegas Sands
- Elon Musk, CEPO of Tesla
- Jeff Bezos, CEO of Amazon
- Tim Cook, CEO of Apple
- Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook
- John Malone, CEO of Liberty Media
- Adam Silver, NBA Commissioner
- Roger Goodel, NFL Commissioner
- Vince McMohan , CEO of WWE
- Bob Kraft, Owner of the New England Patriots
- Mark Cuban, Owner of the Dallas Mavericks
- Condoleezza Rice, Former Secretary of State
- Steve Forbes, Editor-in-chief of Forbes Magazine
Many countries planing to ease lockdown norms and some countries even extend lockdown time period. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has extended lockdown till 3rd May. Complete story about lockdown extension in mentioned link www.entrepreneursofworld.com/lockdown-extension-more-stringent-measures-pm-modis-speech/ .